If you are a fan of fruity Yirg then you have to try Umoja, or as my wife calls it, Emoji coffee.
Congo Washed Umoja is produced in South Kivu in the Great Lakes region in Congo. This cooperative is owned by an all woman executive team! These Congolese farmers produce Kivu Arabica specialty coffees using various varieties that are grown on volcanic soil at an altitude of over 1800 meters.
Coffee Bean Matrix Attributes
- Country Congo
- Organic Certification Yes
- Fair Trade Certified Yes
- Rainforest Alliance Certified No
- Process Washed
- Decaffeinated No
- Altitude (meters)1400-2000
- Region South Kivu in the Great Lakes Region in Congo
- Variety Red Bourbon Heirloom